Hello, I am Gregory Miller. I graduated with honors from the University of South Carolina, where I earned my degree of Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies with a major in English and World History (two major fields of study). I have been teaching (with breaks) since 1992, first in America and now in the Czech Republic. I enrich my courses with 12 years of managerial experience in a wide range of disciplines - from energy, viticulture and art to hospitality.
What is the motto of my courses?
Students discover their knowledge themselves. I only strengthen and support their discovery.
Excerpt from my CV
- More than ten years of teaching in private and public schools
- Since 2011 teaching in the Pardubice Region (LITE, European Education Center, Language Agency, Comenia Education Agency, etc.)
- Painter - I've exhibited across the United States from Charleston and New York in the east, through Chicago and Denver, to San Francisco and Los Angeles on the West Coast
- I am snowboarder who also enjoys cross-country skiing
- Wine Enthusiast - first degree Sommelier course and wine maker
- A passionate fly fisherman since the age of eight
A bit of family history
My mother's family came from Pilsen and emigrated to the USA in 1893. On my father's side we were in America before it was a country; James Monroe, the 5th President of the USA, is a not so distant relation.